Thursday, June 13, 2013

Last weekend youngest son and youngest daughter came to visit. Youngest son is just out of the marines. He did a four year tour and is now getting out to go to college. I don't know what the future holds for him but I pray that he can recover from the PTSD that now haunts his every footstep. This war has taken so much joy from the hearts of these soldiers.
Our sweet granddaughters are here for a few weeks to visit. They are growing up so fast. Almost 2 and almost 3 are "fun" ages. You never know how the day is going to go. It's been a while since we had to work through a tantrum or try to decipher a series of babbled instructions. But the moments go by so fast and I try to not miss a thing.
We went to a trivia event last night at Fellowship of the Woodlands, our old church. It was good to see friends we haven't seen in a while. We are really really bad at trivia but we have such a good time trying. I think we came in 15 out of 17. We, as a group, don't watch much television or listen to much secular music so we are hampered by our lack of worldly knowledge! Sometimes, like in the Disney category, we are aces but for the most part we all sit with a blank look on our face!






No comments:

Post a Comment