Finally got the truck back. It had bad EGR coolers. I don't fully understand what those are but I now know they are immensely important and wildly expensive. We were just about to get our head above water on our bills when this came along. Oh well. God is gracious and I know that He will make things work out. We found an excellent, honest, ethical diesel mechanic at http://www.servicefirstautomotive.com/. His name is Scott and you can tell him that the Welch's sent you. The manager's name is Chris and together they helped us sort out the mess that was our truck repair and put us back on track. While I must say that the new 2013 truck I drove was so very tempting, I am glad that we decided to fix the one we have. That would have been a lot of new debt to add to the budget. Now if we can just get the tire company to come through with the money to repair The Beast. It took me several dozen phone calls but I finally got someone to answer the phone and handle my claim. Now all we can do is wait the 3 weeks they say it takes to start processing it. My notebook of conversations and mailings is growing ever larger. If nothing else, I learned long ago to keep an accurate record of every step we take when dealing with large corporations.
My Bible Study girls meet tonight. I am excited that we are choosing a new study. I am really working hard to stay put and become part of the group. I have never been one to develop and keep friends so this is a new path for me.
The Declare Conference is in a few days and I am wildly excited to be going. I am still wrestling with proposing my book but still can't decide if God is saying yes or no or wait. It's so hard to decipher the answer sometimes. The fact that it is always on my mind is one thing towards yes but when I sit down to write a proposal I draw a complete blank. So I don't know. It's frustrating at times.
We went to the shooting range today. I have a S&W 40 which I had never shot before. We bought it and then Mark broke his elbow so that was set aside until he was well. I was very proud of how well I hit the target. I tend to slide down a little but it's still mostly center mass and that is satisfying. I always had rifles and shotguns so this new handgun is a bit scary. But by the end of the hour I felt quite proficient.
My Bible Study girls meet tonight. I am excited that we are choosing a new study. I am really working hard to stay put and become part of the group. I have never been one to develop and keep friends so this is a new path for me.
The Declare Conference is in a few days and I am wildly excited to be going. I am still wrestling with proposing my book but still can't decide if God is saying yes or no or wait. It's so hard to decipher the answer sometimes. The fact that it is always on my mind is one thing towards yes but when I sit down to write a proposal I draw a complete blank. So I don't know. It's frustrating at times.
We went to the shooting range today. I have a S&W 40 which I had never shot before. We bought it and then Mark broke his elbow so that was set aside until he was well. I was very proud of how well I hit the target. I tend to slide down a little but it's still mostly center mass and that is satisfying. I always had rifles and shotguns so this new handgun is a bit scary. But by the end of the hour I felt quite proficient.
















No comments:
Post a Comment