Sunday, August 25, 2013

It has been a while. I let the world change my heart and God gently called me back to Him. I have spent the last 2 weeks helping out Amber's children in their leap into the homeschooling world. It has been quite a learning experience. I know that they are doing what is best for the children (I homeschooled when I could) but it is quite an adjustment for the 14 year old. I know that one day she will appreciate it but for now it seems to her that she is being punished. This theory in the world that kids should go to school to be exposed to "reality" is such a laughable concept. She was bullied, tempted, and led down the wrong path by so many kids. Her mind should be on learning and how to become a better disciple for Christ. Not on protecting herself from those who would hurt her, both physically and mentally. The public school systems are filled with deviants and miscreants. It is sad but true. If you are not a strong willed child who can make their own way, you will end up in the trash heap. She is not confident enough in her own strength to fight against the ways of the world.

I was able to spend a few days down in Morgan City with Mark. We went to a wonderful revival at the local baptist church where I met a young woman with a powerful testimony. I asked her to send it to us at Breath Of Life so we can share it with the world. I hope she does. It goes against everything in the world that says "you are a failure" and shows just what God can do. I am so glad that God placed me in that place at that time to hear those words.

I have started a Couch To 5K program so that I can do a 5K with Barbara in September. Thankfully they aren't going to run the entire thing because I doubt I would be ready for that!!! But admirably I have not missed a day of training. Maghen, my granddaughter, has been faithfully by my side while I am training. I will miss having her with me when I am back at home. But Mark promised to continue my training with me. Sadly, with his long legs, he will be able to walk fast while I am jogging. I am very excited that, for the first time in my life, I am going to be able to finish something that I started training for.

Still waiting on word about the trailer. The tire company has not contacted us at all. It is very discouraging that they won't back up their product. Friends have told us that they will eventually give in but we will have to stay on them constantly. I look forward to getting the trailer back on the road. I have missed being in it.

I got a new puppy!!! Well, I don't have her actually. She was born about a week ago. She is a blue merle Australian Sheperd like Cali was. How cool is that!! From the same breeder and the same family so I am hoping that she will have the same disposition. I will go out to California in October and pick her up. Looking forward to seeing family and friends while I am there. And to take Mark to some of the places where I grew up.
     I went to my first prayer walk yesterday at a local school. We prayed over every part of the school from the front door to the bus parking area to the athletic fields. The principal let us in the front door and we prayed with him in the lobby. How cool was that!!! He asked us to pray over him and we did. The prayers were powerful and I know that God has placed His Angels around every corner of that school.

No comments:

Post a Comment