Thursday, October 3, 2013

I laughed when I read the last entry. I put "it has been a while". Sadly just after that I let someone convince me that this daily musing type diary of my thoughts was not a good idea so I quit and began to try to revamp things on my blog. God clearly did not approve of THAT idea so I am slowly finding my way back to the roots of why I began this blog. I am having a remake of the main page by my amazing blog design guru. It should be ready in the next few weeks. But until then I will just use this format for my thoughts. The new format will be more of my daily activities and a once a week devotion page.

I am sitting in a hotel in Myrtle Beach, SC. It is beachfront and the perfect place to spend a time of renewal and healing. I brought my BFF down here to recover from her breast cancer surgery. After months of Chemotherapy and ultimately a double mastectomy, I knew the best gift I could give her was my time and this trip. God stepped in and made it all possible and each day starts with our praise and glory to Him. We have laughed, walked, read, slept late, shopped and truly been healed by His Mercy. Last Friday I was sitting with her at Duke when the doctor smilingly announced that there were no signs of the cancer in the margins or the nodes. Praise Praise Praise Him.

Our 10th grandchild Gavin was born last week to our son Adam and his wife Andrea. He is a precious little bundle of joy fresh from heaven. Mark flew out to see him and the pictures are so sweet. I can't to go see him. That makes 6 girls and 4 boys! This next year is full of plans to visit grandkids and take some of the older ones to Disney. At least we will have a few years between groups so that we can save up for these trips!!!

We went to see a show here in Myrtle Beach. It was The Carolina Opry. I have to say that while it was good for the most part, it was disappointing to see it go down the raunchy road more than a few times. Why do they have to do that? I would say that we were the youngest people there and there was very little laughter for the trashy dancing and the poor taste in jokes. Why do people feel the need to bring viagra jokes into a family friendly show? I would not take my kids to the show if that is the type of comedy they are going to have. They had some excellent singers though and a group of 4 young men who are cloggers (All That) from the local area. They had been on America's Got Talent. It was easy to see why they were so popular!!! Kind of riverdancing with a modern twist. A fantastic young lady by the name of La Toya London was highlighted as well. She was a finalist on American Idol. Beautiful and talented with a powerful voice.

The homeschooling journey of the older grandkids is well underway. They switched from K-12 which is an abject government run failure to the Lifepacs from Alpha Omega. Much better!!! The kids are now free to move at their own pace. They love the freedom of taking the workbooks and hitting the road for homeschooling trips. Much better than sitting in front of a computer. Well....until tomorrow friends. Go out and make this day an amazing one. God has it all under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment