Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I would like to say I am home finally. But alas....I am however in a condo on the beach in Galveston, Texas. God was so good and gave Mark a job in Galveston this week. So he was able to pick me up at the airport and after swapping suitcases at the house, I came down here to spend a few days with him. Since I have been away for 6 weeks it was only fair! We have been enjoying running together in the mornings. Yesterday we took the ferry over to Bolivar Peninsula and enjoyed some dolphin watching on the way over. We had breakfast yesterday at a little out of the way restaurant frequented by the locals Mi Abuelita's. I had the Migas Mexicano plate. It was good (it's kind of hard to mess up scrambled eggs right?) but the homemade tortillas and the salsa were out of this world!!! I truly wanted to buy some salsa to take home. Mark and I used two containers between the chips and pouring it over our eggs and potatoes. I would love to go back and try the lunch menu. Perhaps on my next trip.
This morning on my browsing of the news of the day I came across this story. Josh Hargis, an army ranger, came out of an unconscious state to salute his commander in his hospital room. I cried. I hope this story is on every news station and in every paper but somehow I doubt it will be. This is a hero. Not these stupid overpaid sports figures and actors. This is a hero. http://guardianofvalor.com/salute-seen-around-world-wounded-ranger-salutes-commander-despite-injuries/

No comments:

Post a Comment