When you reach the halfway point of your life, you often pause to wonder if the second half is going to be as chaotic as the first half. At least I did anyway. There is so much I got wrong the first time. I often wonder if I could do it again, would I change anything? Or would I have done it all over again. From childhood my life was a series of events that caused tremendous pain yet amazing growth. This blog is cathartic in nature, the first tentative steps towards a lifelong dream, and a glimpse into the chaotic world that is my daily adventure.
At 50 I met God for the first time. It was a place I never expected to be. In a place I never would have dreamed of visiting. At a time in my life when I thought I would be settled and looking forward to retirement. I thought I knew God. I talked to God. I read about God. But I never knew Him personally. I certainly never dreamed that He would come into my life, as broken as it was.
My life scripture is John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." I have turned to it so many times in my life. It has been ingrained in the fibers of my seeking heart. Yet I never truly knew what it meant. I heard the words, felt the words, saw the words but never knew the person who was saying them to me. Does that make sense? Because until recently, it made little sense to me.
My children now refer to me as a Jesus freak. At first I was a little put off by that label. But now......now I see it as a badge of honor. For if, in my life, people come to see the One who guides me and rules me, so much the better.
So in the days and weeks and months ahead, you will learn about the journey of my first half intermingled with the start of my second half journey. I hope you will come along as I head into what I know will be an amazing walk through the second half. You will meet my best friend and husband, Mark. My amazing children.....all 10 of them. My awesome grandchildren.....all 5 1/2 of them. Above all, you can discover that there is only one person who can fill that God shaped hole in your heart. I have met Him and He is now in charge of my journey. Come along with me and see how great the second half of your life can be.
Friday, November 12, 2010
The beginning of the whispers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment