Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Christmas Gift

Luke 2:16 "So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger."  NIV



 









Lyric Annabelle Grace Fleming is due January 11, 2011

This Christmas season we are expecting our sixth grandchild to make her appearance.  Last Friday, sweetheart and I went with youngest daughter to go see a 4D ultrasound of her baby.  I was totally stunned at the clarity of the pictures.  It was like looking into a picture window.  I can only imagine Mary's mother's joy at meeting her grandchild.  Being a grandmother is being a grandmother, no matter when in history it occurs.  Seeing this little angel, inside her mother's womb reminded me of the scripture that warms most mother's hearts.

Psalm 139:13 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb." 

Nine months ago, our family was thrown into a tailspin when youngest daughter found herself pregnant and unmarried.  As parents, we felt like failures.  Where had we gone wrong?  Our family found ourselves in a place we struggled to get out of.  Thankfully, the Lord sent so many angels our way to help us get out of that place.  First and foremost, we found Pregnancy Assistance Center North (PACN).  They help pave the way for our journey back to being a family.  So many people at church and work have loved youngest daughter through this.  And now.....here we are.  Days away from meeting little Lyric. 

At first, I used words like mistake and accident.  But my Abba has shown me that He makes no mistakes.  Every baby is born at the right time and for the right reason. It is not for us to know what He has in store for the born and the unborn.  He sent us here, at this time, to do His work.  He knows baby Lyric now and knows what her life will be like here on earth.  He knows what youngest daughter's strengths and weaknesses are and He will use them for good.  The blessing baby Lyric has become to us before she is even born is more than we ever imagined.  Our family has been changed for good.  I for one have learned that forgiveness is for God and God alone.  It is not up to me to question His will in our lives.

Sweetheart and I are excited with the births of each of our grandchildren.  For we have been given another chance to show a generation of children about God's love for them.  I pray that each and every Christmas will be an opportunity share the gift of the Nativity Story with Katelynn, Maghen, Madie, Payton, Callum,  and soon baby Lyric.

No comments:

Post a Comment