Tuesday, January 4, 2011

His Plans, Not Mine

Proverbs 16:3 "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans"  NIV

 








There is a part of the movie "Finding Nemo" where the little starfish keeps saying "find my happy place, find my happy place".  That's the way I feel some days.  When you have a life that is suddenly full of chaos and confusion, it is hard to find that place of peace and solitude.  Do you ever get up and wonder why?  What I mean is, do you ever wonder why you even got out of bed?  Sweetheart and I are currently standing along the edge of a very big abyss.  Much like the Grand Canyon that we visited at Thanksgiving, it seems like the bottom is such a long way down.  There are no stairs, no elevators, and certainly no wide paved paths.  The way down is steep, rocky, and not very well marked.  It seems certain that there is a good chance we will be hurt.  Are we scared?  Absolutely!  Are we worried?  Without a doubt!  Are we going down the path anyway?  Most assuredly.

My Adonai has promised me that if I let Him be the architect of our plans, He will make sure that the path is well marked.  But He also says that I must use only His blueprint, not mine.  Each day I get up and check my "voicemail" for new messages from Him.  I need to also remember that He may answer my needs and my prayers through another person.  Sometimes He will send me a guide who wasn't on my vendor list.  I have to trust that He will never send me someone who will cause my plans to be changed in a way that is contrary to His Will.  There will be times that the way is so unclear that I can't even make out the path.  It is then that I have to trust Him to lead me through the darkness.  Again, He may send an angel to hold my hand through the rough parts. If I trip or stumble or even fall, His Hands will be there to catch me.  I can also be assured that if needed, He will give me wings to fly over the most dangerous parts of the trail.

I have given my life to God.  I have promised Him that I will love Him and support Him and praise Him always.  In turn, God has given me so many blessings that I can not count them.  I never doubt that He will be there for me, watching over me, lifting me over the rough parts, letting me rest when I am weary.  He has given me a most wonderful gift in my sweetheart.  For without my best friend and husband, I would not have the courage or the fortitude to take the first steps along this new path.  I once read that it can be like buying a ticket to Paris, learning about Paris, packing for Paris and then getting off the plane to find you are in Italy.  There is so much truth in that.  Sweetheart and I certainly intended to visit the bottom of the Grand Canyon.  We just didn't intend to do it blindfolded. 

Today, if you have started down a new and scary path, remember to get your plans preapproved by your Abba.  He is your travel guide.  He will never, ever lead you astray.  He will take you to places you never dreamed you would see.  They may not have been on your list of things to do in life.  You may not even have packed the right clothes for the trip.  But rest assured that when you get there, you will find that the journey was worth it.  I can't wait to hear about your walk.  I can promise you that I will walk with you if you need help.  And Abba will walk with us both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment