Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Hear You

Psalm 42:8 "By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life." NIV

As I watched them take you through the doors my heart beat faster.  The "what ifs" were fluttering through my mind.  I need you.  You have given me my life back.  Together we found God and through Him, we found happiness.  I can't even imagine doing this by myself.  You are my best friend, my partner, my love.

Today sweetheart had a heart catheterization.   The doctor said he had severe blockage.  She said that he had to go into the hospital immediately.  No waiting.  Last night was filled with fear and worry.  We talked of things married people never like to talk about.  We argued.  We laughed.  We fell into a fitful night of half sleep still holding hands.  Conversation was tight and short.  Nerves were frayed and family and friends were worried.

My time on my knees didn't feel long enough.  I felt like I should spend the night begging for my sweetheart to be made whole.  To not leave me here alone.  I cried to God.  He heard me and blessed me with peace.

  Isaiah 12:2 "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.” NIV 

This morning started entirely too early.  I am not sure where in history they decreed that you should have all medical procedures at zero dark thirty but that practice should be reconsidered.  Upon arrival at 5:45 am we spent approximately 15 minutes doing paperwork, 15 minutes doing prep, and 3.5 hours waiting.  Everyone has been wonderful every step of the way but what's with the waiting?  The doctor wasn't even scheduled to be here until 9 and he was late.  So what was the big rush to have us here that early?  Did I ever mention that I am NOT a morning person. Add stress and lack of sleep to that and I am not a pleasant person to be around.  Needless to say, my "smile and wave" was a little on the weak side this morning.

Our most amazing friend and pastor came to the hospital this morning and called out to the Lord on sweetheart's behalf.  His prayer was powerful and reached the ears of my Adonai.  When the doctor looked at the films, he was shocked.  There was nothing there.  No blockages.  No need for a stent.  No reason for any alarm.  Hardly any reason for us to even be here.  Handshakes all around by the staff.  But in my heart I knew.  The prayers of many were heard.  The God of miracles is still doing His thing.  And I for one, am more grateful than you know.  My knees are bowed and my hands are lifted high to Him today.  For through Him, all things are possible. 

1 comment:

  1. I prayed that prayer for Mark as well!!! God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete