Psalm 78:6-8 "so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands. They would not be like their ancestors— a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him." NIV
The best thing about our kids getting married is the grandchildren we are accumulating. There is an old saying that if I knew how much fun grand kids were, I would have had them first. That is such a true statement. I absolutely LOVE my grand kids. They bring me such joy. Seeing the world through their eyes is a gift that I truly cherish. When our kids were young, we were so busy working and making it in the world, we didn't get much chance to slow down and enjoy life. These days, I will cancel every appointment at the whisper of a chance to spend the day with the grand kids.
In two weeks I will have all of my children in one place. That hasn't occurred in over 12 years. I am so excited. I have lined up our favorite photographer Deb Evans www.debevansphotography.com who will be taking pictures of our memory making day. To make the day even better, all of our grandchildren will be here as well, including our two yet to make their arrival. The grand finale of the day is that youngest daughter will be getting married at a beautiful outdoor ceremony. Our friend Pastor Ky, who has been so instrumental in our Christian growth will bless their union. The day will truly be a memory making day.
Sweetheart and I weren't the best examples of Christ as we raised our children. We have resolved to not make that same mistake with our grandchildren. We love to share the Lord with them when they are here. We are truly blessed that we get to spend a month every summer with our grandchildren. Last summer we had just become members of the Fellowship of the Woodlands. www.woodlandschurch.tv When we took the granddaughters to church with us, it was such a joy to see their love of the Lord. Their parents have taught them well and kept them close to His teachings. This summer we get the grandsons as well as the granddaughters and we are looking forward to watching them experience summer bible school and summer camp.
I am so glad that our God forgets our mistakes and gives us another chance to get it right. We are blessed by His love and grace every day. When we are surrounded by our children and grandchildren in a few weeks, I will be as close to heaven as I can possibly get in this life.
Friday, May 27, 2011
The Next Generation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment