2 Corinthians 8:11 " Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means." NIV
Almost two years ago I met God. He became the Master of my decisions. This time, when He first whispered to me about this life change, I was eager to see the path He had chosen for me. I began to be restless about my life and knew that I was not where I needed to be. Little did I know the changes that were in store for me this last six months. My enthusiasm was definitely dampened by the type of life change He had in mind. But this time, there were hands lifting me up, prayers being said on my behalf, and friends to reassure me that they were always my friends, even during the hard times. I began to see that all that I have done in this last four years, all the people I have met, all the choices I have made, have been to prepare me for this new journey.
There were tears shed and sadness for all my furry friends that I won't see as much. They have provided me with much laughter and joy. Seeing their antics and watching their excitement over coming to see me always gave me such a sense of satisfaction. There is a great sense of trust involved in taking care of four legged family members. I have always been grateful that my Abba gifted me with the ability to be in tune with animals and their needs. Each of the dogs I cared for will forever be etched into the story of my life.
More than anything, I am grateful to my sweetheart. With nothing more than a wish and a prayer, he built me my dream and walked with me every step of the way. He has been there for me, washing dogs, cleaning floors, brushing collies, and loving every one of them as much as I do. It is only because he walked the path with me that I was able to succeed. It is only because he too heard God's call for our life that I have been able to make it through this last month. The door clicked softly closed on what was and another door opened towards what will be. The friends we have made along the way are all there to walk with us. Thank you my most gracious Abba for these last four years. Thank you even more for what is yet to come. Let me walk the path You have set me on. Thank you for where I am, where I have been, and where I have yet to go.
















No comments:
Post a Comment