Friday, July 8, 2011

Sit With You A While

Psalm 30:2 "O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me."  KJV



This morning I sat with God for a while.  In my garden, where birds sing, water trickles, and the shade from my magnolia tree covers me from the sun, I meet my Abba every morning.  There are times when it is me doing all the talking.  Begging, pleading, talking, laughing, occasionally acting like the child I am.  At other times,  I find myself at His feet, listening to Him whisper to my soul.  Lately, I have been listening to Him speak to me through the words of others, filling me up with wisdom and clarity.  Today, this song resonated with me, bringing to mind how often I am too busy to just sit with Him a while. 

We are blessed in our family to call Sarah Kelly  www.sarahkelly.com our friend.  Her music and her laughter fill our lives.  She is a kindred soul, previously broken but now healed by God in ways that shine forth to everyone she meets.  She is not afraid of her previous brokenness.  She embraces it and shares it, bringing many, including youngest daughter to a place of peace and understanding.  She is one of the first people I encountered after I met God for the first time.  Watching her on stage, sharing her story of a broken life made whole, I knew in my heart that I was home.  My scars didn't matter to the Lord or to the other broken people who worshipped Him.  

This morning, as I sat with Him, my lizard came to visit. (stay with me.  there is a point to this!)  He is a little green anole who lives in one of my many flower pots.  He comes out to bask in the sun beside me, doing his little dance of joy each morning.  I love to watch him move gracefully up and down the limbs of the bushes and the rungs of the trellis.  Not too long ago,  youngest daughter's cat decided my little anole would make a good snack.  Apparently she was able to get a hold of the anole's tail which, according to God's plan, came off in her mouth!  She proudly came into the house carrying the twitching tail (gross!).  I rushed out and didn't find the anole anywhere, saddened that I had lost my little friend.  Yet the next morning there he was, basking in the sun again....minus his beautiful tail! This morning, as he came to visit, I realized that his tail had grown out to it's full length again.  I also realized that the new part is brown.  Not just any brown, but an ugly shade of brown that totally clashes with his beautiful green skin.  I also noticed that he just doesn't care!  He sits in the sunlight, doing his dance, making the world aware of his presence.

My Abba whispered to me this morning that my scars don't matter.  My past is past. He doesn't see the ugliness and neither should I.  He has made me whole, expecting me to dance in the sunlight.  Jeremiah 31:13"The young women will dance for joy, and the men—old and young—will join in the celebration I will turn their mourning into joy.  I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing."  NLT    How joyful this made me feel.  I am in awe of how He teaches me these lessons.  A little anole,  basking in the early morning light, gave me God's gift for the day.  


1 comment:

  1. Luv it, Michelle...(tears in my eyes) Such a powerful demonstration of God's amazing, healing, washing, renewing Love. Thank you for painting the picture with such beautiful strokes of words from a "listening heart." LUV "Sit with You." Gonna' go do it right now...See you at She Speaks...

    ReplyDelete