Micah 7:19 "Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!"
After the She Speaks Conference in Concord, NC, I ran off with to the beach with my daughter and one of my best friends. It was a time of renewal, a time of laughter, and a time to put into words the worries of our lives. For it is when you surround yourself with Godly women, there is a certain freedom to speak your mind. You know that you can empty your thoughts onto the table and pick them back up again without being judged or found wanting. No matter where your life is at that moment, you can somehow bring it all into balance, even if for but a moment.
For every person there is a place that brings us closest to our Maker. For me it is the sea. I can sit and listen to the waves crashing against the shore for hours on end. My mind alternately is empty and full as I bring everything before the Lord. In that same way, He empties me of my worries and then gloriously fills me back up again with His words to my heart. I am reminded that just like the water will always meet the shore, He will always meet me where I am.
As I took pictures of my middle daughter walking in the sand, I was reminded of the "Footsteps" poem. Doing a little research on the subject I came upon a website http://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com/. It turns out that a woman named Mary Stevenson wrote the poem in 1936. It has since become synonymous with understanding the depth of God's love for us. He so often is the One who carries us when we are at our lowest points in life.
It also occurred to me how with the rush of the waves, our footsteps are erased, making smooth the sand where we walked. How wondrous this concept is! Our Father has promised us that He would cast our sins into the deepest ocean. We don't have to feel guilty when our footsteps go in the wrong direction. All we have to do is let His waves of forgiveness wash over us, wiping the sand clean, letting us start again. Each day, when we come to edge of the vast ocean that is His love, we need only remember that He will meet us where we are.
I am sure that you have heard the saying that every journey begins with one step. Whether you are stepping out of the water or into the water, it still only takes one wave to wash the sand clean of past footprints. I pray that this day will take you on that first step, walking along the shoreline that is His love. Let Him carry you or take a walk beside Him. Let the glorious sound of His love rushing to meet you bring you to a place of peace and joy.
















No comments:
Post a Comment