Psalm 17:5 "Hold up my goings in Thy paths, that my footsteps slip not."
Sometimes I save her and sometimes I don't. She is learning to figure it out on her own, even though it comes with bumps and bruises occasionally. She looks my way often, drawing security from knowing I will come to her rescue if she truly needs me. My frequent praise when she does something on her own helps her gain confidence in her own abilities.
I am reminded that we often are like my sweet granddaughter when we begin our walk with Christ. We need to hold on to everything, slowly moving forward, being careful not to trip and fall. Sunday can’t come soon enough for us. We look for any excuse to be at church, volunteering for countless jobs to steady our new found Christian walk.
As we gain more confidence, we find ourselves able to stand on our own. This is where, I believe, many of us make a crucial error. We stop turning to make sure we are with Him. We let go of His Hand and walk along our own path, not the path He has chosen for us.
Our Abba never intended for us to walk alone. Our footsteps will be made sure when we walk with Him, beside Him, close to Him. He will guide us and keep us on the path we need to be on. He does expect us to be brave and bold, walking forward in faith, trusting that He will be there when we need Him. He will not save us every single time. He will let us fall. But when we do, He will wipe our tears, set us firmly back on our feet and walk beside us again. And if we are really good, He will let us wear a cool hat and great shades to the party He is going to throw for us!
















No comments:
Post a Comment