Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord Thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest. " KJV
Like any willful child, I only heard the first and third parts of what my Abba had told me to do. Yay! Quit my job and become a writer! How fun that sounded. No more every day appointments. Just sitting and writing all day long. Somehow, along the way, I missed the most important thing He had said to me. The second part of what He said was the more important part. Quit your job and TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY and write/speak in ministry for Him.
I have always read that verse from Joshua to mean that God will cover me with strength and courage whenever I am OUT doing His will, such as in missionary work. What it meant to me today is that He will give me strength when I am IN doing His will. IN my house, IN my life, IN my everyday journey doing the mundane and boring tasks that a woman is called to do in life. And yes, sometimes my Abba calls me to go no further than my kitchen or my living room or my desk. To write about my life, I have to live my life, trusting in Him, letting His strength become my strength, His courage my courage, and letting His love cover everything I do. Praying for you today that your strength will come, your courage will be great, and your fears will be covered with His grace.
















No comments:
Post a Comment