Sometimes those of us who write feel the pull of specific needs. The needs of friends, the needs of family, the needs of someone we don't even know. God places in our hearts the words He needs someone else to hear. There are times when I sit, feeling God's promptings, writing things placed in my heart at that very moment. Other times, I sit for hours, staring a screen, waiting for words to come. Still other times I write too many words, leaving me no choice but to edit, edit, edit. I have, on occasion, hit publish and immediately worried that I left God out of the loop. But He, in His infinite wisdom, always fills in the blanks for me.
This week has been a week of intense praying for friends and family who need God's mercy. Illness, legal issues, life moments, you name it, I've prayed for it. Knowing that I am on my knees, holding virtual hands with friends all over the world, praying God's blessings over someone I love who is in need, raising my voice to match their voice, being mindful that He hears the prayers before they are even spoken, gives power to the words that rise up to Him. When word comes that prayers have been answered, tears of sweet thankfulness well up from deep within. It is always an honor when I am asked to pray for someone. To know that someone thinks that my voice adds strength to their voice as they ask God's grace opens my soul to even more of God's blessings.
There is someone I love deeply who struggles even now with a need gone unspoken. Her doors have slammed shut. She feels no light shines in her world right now. Yet even now, my Abba gave me the words to send to her. Remember, dear child, that God himself did not tell Noah of His future plans. God put Noah into a dark, smelly ship filled with terrified animals and family, being tossed to and fro by the huge waves of a massive storm. Imagine the fear that Noah and his family felt when the door slammed shut behind them, sealing them in a virtual cave for over 150 days. Even the light of God Himself was taken from them. They could only trust Him with everything, even their very life.
Then one day, the sea calmed, the storms ceased, the windows opened and all that God had promised them came to be. I know that you are tired of doing battle with the enemy. Your storms will calm down soon. Our God knows your pain. He knows your need. Be patient, sweet child. There is a reason the door is shut. Your children need you so much. Those mindless hours spent cooking meals, doing laundry, making your house a home means more to them than you will ever know. The few good memories I have of my childhood are the ones when my mother was able to stay home and be my mother. Money is tight. Tempers are short. Teenagers make your blood boil. But years from now, when you are halfway through your life, you will look back and know that you were where God needed you to be.
I took a picture of this seashell while out on Coronado Island last week. It reminded me of angel's wings. There is an angel in your children's lives. It is you. There is an angel in your husband's life. It is you. Lay your anger at Christ's feet. He will take it from you. Lay your sorrow at Christ's feet. He will take it from you. Lay your joy at Christ's feet. He will magnify it and make it enough to fill the spots you think are empty. Psalm 119:43 "Trouble and suffering have come upon me, yet Your Word is my joy." NLV Let His Word be your light. It is the window you need to see the beauty of what lies before you. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment