Psalm 91:11 “For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”
My family will tell you that I am totally without ability when it comes to gardening. It is not uncommon for sweetheart or child to hum the funeral dirge when I come home with a new plant. My Abba just did not give me that gift. A friend, not knowing of my ability to cause even plastic plants to expire, brought me a beautiful orchid recently. I placed it in the kitchen window, promptly dooming it to at least a sunny demise.
This morning, as I stumbled around the kitchen making coffee and feeding silly dog so she would stop trying to climb on the kitchen counter, I happened to look at my kitchen window. I don’t look out, I look at as I don’t have a view other than a fence and the neighbors privacy window. (sweetheart has promised me that one day we will remedy that situation) On my window sill, in a simple little pot, was a glorious set of blooms on my orchid plant. 
When had that happened? I had occasionally watered the plant, sticking in a fertilizer stick here and there. Mostly I had just let it sit, soaking up the sun and the warmth of the window. As I gazed at its delicate blossoms, the Lord spoke to my heart in a powerful way. This plant, in spite of my apparent neglect, had absorbed everything I had given it and turned it into a beautiful gift. His words were gentle to my wounded soul. “This plant is like your daughters lives. In spite of all you did or didn’t do, they took what you gave them and turned into beautiful women”.
Geraldine Nicholas said that “A life transformed by the power of God is always a marvel and a miracle”. I am acutely aware today that God took my mess and turned it into a miracle. No matter that I was not such a great gardener in my family plot. My Abba took my feeble attempts at planting, added to them His Light and Power, and transformed my garden into a stunning profusion of beautiful, graceful, talented women. He has reminded me that I am to “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”Isaiah 43:18-19
Dearest Adonai, Thank You for my glorious reminder that You are never going to let any plants in Your garden go to waste. Thank You for taking the neglect of a sinner and turning it into something beautiful. You have given us so much to be thankful for. We pray for Your Hand in our families lives. Thank You for Your Angels who are attending them. And Father God, thank You for bringing a miracle and healing to the garden planted long ago in the lives of my dad and I. Such a beautiful testimony to the power of Your Healing Love has blossomed in our relationship. I love you dad! In the name of Christ Jesus, our Brother, Amen
Scriptures from NIV and KJV Bible
No comments:
Post a Comment