Psalm 63:1 “O God, You are
my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water.”
As a mother, there are times when you feel like you are
standing at the edge of an endless desert. It seems that every day starts with
another crisis that you can’t nor shouldn’t solve. Most women are fixers by
heart when it comes to our children. After all, we have been with them since
they drew their first breath. Don’t we know better than them what they need?
When one of my children is hurting, I hurt too. It is
especially hard when you can turn to God but they won’t. I can’t count the
number of hours that I have spent in prayer begging God to change the heart of
a child who is hurting themselves through bad choices. Ever so painstakingly I have
learned that it is not my burden to bear once they are old enough to know
better.
Perhaps the hardest thing for a mother is that sometimes
they never learn. Sometimes they decide that they can live without water,
turning to other liquids to quench their thirst. In those times they often seem
particularly anxious to prove that they don’t need water to survive. And sometimes,
as in the case of our son, they drink from a poisonous well and their life is
destroyed forever. And I have to accept that there is nothing I could have done
about it. What a bitter pill to swallow that is to a “fix it” mother.
There is one more thing that I am learning. Sometimes all I
can do is call on God to cover them with the Water of His Love. Psalm 107:35
has taught me that He “turns deserts into pools of water”. Notice that I said
He turns the desert into pools of water. Not me. I do not, nor should I, have
the power to change the course of God’s purpose for my children. Their trials
are theirs, not mine. While I can help them pack some of things they need to
travel, I can’t take the journey for them. If they forget to pack water, they
have to learn the consequences of that choice.
Dearest Father in Heaven, Thank You for meeting me at the well today. Thank You for sharing Your life giving Water with me. Thank You for the peace that comes with understanding that You have a plan, that You know everything, that You and You alone are in charge. I am grateful that You comfort me when I have to watch one of my children suffer. I know that You have suffered more pain than I can ever imagine watching Your beloved Son die an agonizing death. I know You, above everyone, knows the pain that I am going through. Please dearest Abba, cover my children with Your Love and Mercy. Please bring them to a place of life giving water. Please help me understand that everything is in Your Hands. In the name of my Brother, Christ Jesus, who died that I might live, Amen
copyright@2012 Michelle Welch, Breath Of Life Women's Ministry
scriptures from NLT Bible
photgraphy by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
















No comments:
Post a Comment