"[God] is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20
I heard two powerful quotes recently. “If God doesn’t change your circumstance, He intends to use it” and “if God doesn’t give you your miracle, it’s because He wants you to be a miracle for someone else”. Wow! As I sat contemplating those words I must admit my first reaction was “well great. I am not going to get a miracle or have my circumstance changed”. And for a brief moment my heart rebelled at the thought. I could feel the tantrum welling up inside of me. I don’t want to stay in this circumstance. I want my miracle. I want, I want, I want.
Perhaps? Who am I kidding? It is OBVIOUS that He has given up on gently prodding me to hear His call. I have frequently spoken of the fact that oftentimes He has to whack me in the head (see blog about camping) or slam the door right in my face in order to get me to see that I am once again taking life into my own hands. I sometimes wonder why my face isn’t flat from all the times that door has hit me.
I am so very guilty of wanting what I want RIGHT NOW! I am impatient, impertinent, and totally selfish when it comes to what I think I must have. How often have I watched my precious grand-babies throw themselves on the floor in a major meltdown and not seen the resemblance to my own actions? Maybe I don’t throw myself on the floor in a wailing slobbering leg kicking tantrum but oh how I make the lives of everyone around me miserable with my constant whining of the unfairness of my circumstance.
What He did promise me was that He would never leave me. He promised me that He would always hold my tears in His hands and that He would never leave my side. He promised that the blank pages of my life would be filled with the things that would bring Glory to His Name if I would but turn the pen over to Him. He promised that He would leave the Holy Spirit to walk beside me and whisper words of encouragement when I feel like nothing is going right.
copyright2012 Michelle Welch, Breath of Life Women's Ministry
quotations from Nick Vujicic
scripture from NIV1984
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
















You put my thoughts so well into words. I so can relate. God has plans for us and we get to sit on the beach in Heaven.
ReplyDeleteI am able to see me in so many of your words. Your words are such needed encouragement for me and I am so thankful. I pray blessings upon your day and thanks for everything you are doing and thanks for letting God.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your affirming words. They made this tired heart feel better about my journey. I hope that your day is going beautifully and that God showers you with all His mercy and grace. Much Love!
ReplyDelete