Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Prayer of Thanks

Psalm 95:2 "Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song."

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was "thank you", that would suffice." Meister Eckhart


I came across this song today in my searching for an appropriate Thanksgiving song. I found myself thinking back to everyone who has touched my life in ways known and unknown, leading me towards my relationship with Christ. Even more than the past, I think of all the people in my life right now who show me Christ's Love every single day. I could say thank you a million times a day and would not cover the debt I owe.

Dearest Father God, as we head into this holiday week, full of family and chaos, let us be mindful of those special people in our lives who have shown us how to love like You. Let us also be Your Light for those around us. We never know who we might touch with a prayer, a smile, a kind word. Remind us that we might be the only Christ some people will ever see. Let our hearts be full of You and our lives be a testament to all that You have blessed us with. Thank You Father for all the people who show us how to find joy in the simple things In Christ's Holy Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment