Saturday, May 18, 2013

When The Rain Is Cold




"He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matthew 5:45

I don't know about you but there are times when I feel like I am being singled out for chaos. I fall short of my desire to trust God completely and begin to question why it seems like all the bad things happen to me. I whine and complain and generally make myself into a big pain in the behind. It can be quite embarrassing when I finally realize just what a tantrum I have been throwing.

Today this scripture struck me in a powerful way. Just because things happen to me that are bad in the context of my little world does not make them bad in the huge scheme of God's great plan. When the storms of life come (and boy has it been raining here lately) God expects me to understand that He has it all under control. Perhaps the rain that is pouring down upon me is the exact blessing that someone else needs. Perhaps the sun that blinds my sight is the light that someone else needs to see their way out of the darkness.

I sometimes make the excuse that I am a baby step christian who is just learning about the plan of Mercy and Grace. Today I realized that I have taken enough baby steps. It is time for me to step out with confidence, holding tight to His Word and trusting that He will not let me drown in the storms that have been whipping through my world. He promised He would be there. Deuteronomy 31:6 reminds me that I should face my storms and "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”.

My Adonai, I know that I have been here so many times before and said these same words over and over. Like my own children who run to me when they are hurt or afraid, I pour out my heart to You. I don't like this storm. I am frightened of the noise, the chaos, the hurt. But, because You are my Father and You love me more than anything, I place my trust in Your Hands. I do not doubt Your Love for me. I am weak but through You I am being made stronger. Please let me feel the warmth of Your Spirit when the cold of the storm rages. Let me feel the strength of Your Angels as they minister to me in my need and brokenness. Take my little bit of faith and expand it into more than I ever thought possible. I love You Father. Thank You for standing by my side. Thank You for leading me to back to You each time I start to wander. In the Name of Christ Jesus, Amen

copyright©Michelle Welch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
scriptures from ESV and NLT Bibles 

No comments:

Post a Comment