Home again. What a crazy trip. I had so much fun with the boys. Hiking, caving, eating. I even tried my hand at disc golf where I discovered that I am sadly lacking in throwing skills. But it was fun watching them play. I am impressed with people who can do that. It's quite difficult. On the way home I had a tire come apart on The Beast and in doing so it destroyed the wheel well, damaged the stairs, and punctured a hole in the floor of the trailer. Sigh. What a mess. Of course the company I bought the trailer from says it's not their fault. I am sure Forest River will say it's not their fault. Everyone says that the tire company will have to make good on everything. We will see. It is a cheap chinese tire and I doubt that will go far in replacing my slide which is damaged. Thirty miles from home the truck overheated. It seems that trusting the mechanics who changed the oil to top off and check all the fluids was a mistake. If anything they only put water in which quickly boiled out. I put 4 gallons into the cooling system. It only holds 10. And it isn't leaking so obviously they put only water in, if anything, and it boiled away. But all seems good now that I've cleaned the radiator and changed the air filter. 70 dollars for an air filter!!! The truck is rather expensive to maintain. Diesel anything is expensive but hopefully it will last the amount of time they say. I went to church today where Pastor Shepperd preached an amazing message on giving. It is hard to not be skeptical when pastors start in on the giving speech. Especially with the amount of waste and abuse that goes on in churches these days. But happily my church, Church Project, gives away 38% of it's tithes already and hopes to reach 50% by the 5 year old mark. That is so impressive. It is so interesting to sit and watch the different kinds of people who come through the doors of our church. And to feel no condemnation or judgement from anyone. How I wish I could have felt that way long ago when I was an impressionable young woman. What a difference it would have made in my life. I hope this is how churches are going to start changing for the better. I am cleaning and doing laundry tomorrow to make up for being away for 2 weeks. I have a week at home and then I am off to The Declare Conference in Dallas where I will meet up with Jenny and we will learn even more about how to move our ministry forward. I am excited to see where God leads us this time. Off to bed now! Praying blessings on everyone.

















No comments:
Post a Comment