How time flies by. I have been struggling with my depression again. My doctor finally decided to try a new medicine which has been a lifesaver. I feel so much more alive. I am so grateful to modern medicine for the research and development of medications that help people in my position. It is difficult when you are out in public and on a public platform yet there are days when you can barely get out of bed. Sweetheart went back to work and I left for Chattanooga, TN to visit next to youngest son. He has a summer internship here. The work he does is in research and development and I found it to be quite fascinating. I have spent a week here in the area just relaxing and visiting local attractions. Rock City, Ruby Falls, The Point, and Cloudland Canyon Park are just a few. The mountains bring me such a feeling of peace. I spent years going to the mountains every summer with the children and being here brings me back to those times. The smell of campfires and the sound of frogs singing is so relaxing. Rotor and I have been taking nice long walks. The first few days next to youngest son and I did some hiking. Then youngest son came up to join us and we went spelunking in a wild cave near here. It was so much fun. I was terrified but once I got over my fear I had a fantastic time. It was dirty, dark, and scary but when I came out into the light I felt so free from so much of the heaviness that has plagued me these last few months. I can't wait to get back home and get started writing again. I have a writers conference to go to in Dallas in a few weeks with my best friend and the days are flying by. I am anxious to get started again. I am thinking of starting my book soon. I have read so much lately that I can't think of any more reasons why I should put it off.
















No comments:
Post a Comment