Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 31, 2013 Thoughts today of my children. Scattered as they are all around the country, it is hard to get to see all of them in any given year. We have tried to go see everyone at least once a year but sometimes it just doesn't work out. This year we have a 10th grandchild due. We will definitely be making the trip up to PA to visit our newest grandson after his arrival. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. You never know what Fall will bring in that area of the country. I was reading today about Abigail in the book of 1 Samuel. How faithful she was in spite of everything. How she kept a good house and continually walked with the Lord in spite of everything. She was so courageous in the face of great fear. I pray that I will learn to have that kind of wisdom. To think things through and always seek after what God wants and not what the world says I need. I have been reading a Psalm every day as well. How much peace the words bring to my heart. It is so much nicer not following a checklist of reading but to just enjoy what God leads me to each day. I am anxious to find out this Sunday what book of the Bible we will be studying at church next. We have done Genesis and I think before we came they did Peter. I love this chapter by chapter breakdown of the Bible. I have never attended a church where the Bible was broken down chapter by chapter, verse by verse. How thought provoking and deeper my studies have been. I wonder how much more growth the churches would have if they turned back to the Bible exclusively and not spent all their time on feel good sermons. It does give one pause for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment