Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Declare Conference

"let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance—" Proverbs 1:5

Encouragement. What a powerful word. How much farther we could each go if we just had more encouragement. From as far back as I can remember, I was lucky enough to have people in my life who encouraged me to do things. Especially to write. When I could do little else that seemed to matter, I knew I could write and my readers would encourage me. 

My journey into writing full time began with a conference called She Speaks by Proverbs 31 Ministries. It was where I met my friend Jenny and where the seed that was Breath Of Life sprang into being. It was where my desire to help other women claim God's promise in 1 Peter 4:10 "God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another." 

This last year has been a struggle for me with many personal and professional setbacks. My battle with depression has been kept me from writing as much as I would like. Illness and injury, both my own and in family members, took my focus from crafting words into stories and placed it squarely on just making it through another day. Writing slipped from bring my primary activity to being an afterthought. 

A few weeks ago I began to hear God's whispers in my heart that I needed to move out of this season of waiting. Words began to flow again, time began to be more available. And, as He always does, God placed a writer's conference within driving distance of home. The Declare Conference in Dallas, Texas is a "blogging conference with a heart to equip women with encouragement, support & community as they seek to know God and make Him known."

Encouragement. Every woman has times in her life when she needs encouragement from other women. Now is one of those times. Not because I can't write. Not because my notebook is empty of words. Because it's time to seek wisdom and guidance from other women who walk the same path I walk. It's time to share in what I have learned along this journey. It's time for encouragement.

Dearest Father God, Thank You for all the gifts that You have blessed us with. Thank You that You have created us with the desire to share those gifts with others. Thank You for the women who have come together to bring this conference into being. Please grant them Your unfailing wisdom and mercy. Let the pieces fall into place, let the money to attend come to those who seek it. Let us all come together to glorify You, that our writing might lift up those who seek You. You have given us so much. Let us praise You in all that we do. In the Name of Christ Jesus, Amen 

If you are a writer, a blogger, or someone who feels God's call in this direction, please consider attending The Declare Conference. It is Friday August 9 & Saturday August 10 in Dallas Texas. More information is available at http://www.declareconference.com/. We hope to see you there! 

©Michelle Welch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.






3 comments:

  1. So perfectly said Michelle... "Encouragement. Every woman has times in her life when she needs encouragement from other women."

    I'm looking forward to meeting you and all of the like minded women I've been reading about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    So glad God has called you out of the season of waiting. You have something great to give - this is the time! I'm honored to be able to read your blog and meet you at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle -- I love your heart. Reading your "about" page and this post were like windows into your soul. What a treasure you are!! I can't wait to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete