"The Lord announces the word, and the women who proclaim it are a mighty throng." Psalm 68:11
I have to admit that there are morning when my minutes seem rather ritualistic. I get up. I make coffee. I feed the dog. I sit down to do my Bible study. I pray. I journal. I eat breakfast. Blah. Blah. Blah. I have found that if I am not careful there begins to be a pattern of same old, same old. While I am doing one thing I am already thinking ahead to the next often putting little real thought into more than just getting it all done. Kids to school, house cleaned, laundry done, errands run,go to work, drive home, dinner made, homework finished, quick glance at the news, off to bed. The days just run together with barely a blip in the pattern. There is my women's Bible study group on tuesday nights, house church on wednesday nights and the weekends. Yet I find myself speaking to the same people every week, visiting with the same friends, sitting in the same place at church on Sunday, shaking the same hands.
Dearest Father God, Thank You for meeting me here this morning. Thank You for speaking in the silence. Thank You for showing me Your mercy and grace. Lead me forward as I strive to join the great throng of women who are proclaiming Your Word. Let everything I do be all about You. Let everyone I meet know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I follow You and You alone. Let me invite everyone to know You. Everyone. I pray for this and so much more than I am able to speak. In the Name of Christ Jesus, Amen
©Michelle Welch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
















No comments:
Post a Comment