Well that is not the way I want to wake up. The phone rang early and my sweethearts tense voice was on the line. "We can't see Dr. Nora Hart and Amy Hamilton anymore. They have moved our Tricare region and she is not in it" Now...this is the ridiculousness of the situation. Her office is about 4 miles from our house. Straight line maybe less. But because her zip code is different from ours, we can't see her unless we want to change our Tricare plan and pay more. Lots more. More than is feasible. To add insult to the situation.....there are only 4 doctors we can choose from. All male. I don't want to see a male doctor. (no offense to male doctors who are wonderful) But most of my problems are "female" in nature and I am uncomfortable describing symptoms and issues. (Now I know that some of you will say that they are doctors and they are trained to ignore gender and I understand all of that. I really do. But this is about my comfort level, not theirs) My relationship with my doctor is such that I can send her an email asking her questions and she will answer them and advise me without me having to go in. She knows my history, my family situation, everything. She helped me choose a medication for my depression and worked with me every step of the way. I trust her. TRUST. That is the key for me. TRUST. So I guess that I will be choosing a new PCM in name only and then going to see Amy out of pocket. I used to think that this new healthcare debacle wouldn't effect us because we were retired military but I guess that is a luxury available to no one these days. I was always skeptical of the "second/third hand" stories of nightmare insurance costs. But now it has hit home. I have personal friends whose monthly premiums are upwards of 900 dollars with a deductible of 10K or more. Who has that kind of money? That is insane.
Sadly I was going to spend this morning writing about the restaurants we visited while in Myrtle Beach and the fun shopping excursion we went on. Now I have to spend the morning trying to review doctors and send a message to Amy asking for her advice. What a crock.
But God is good and thankfully we do have insurance which is more than most people have these days. I pray that our country will overcome this evil that currently surrounds it. We are headed down a path to destruction that has long been prophesied about. 2 Timothy 3 more than covers the things that lie ahead of us. "For people will love only themselves and their money" Boy is that coming true.
How blessed I have been to follow 2 Timothy 2:22b "Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts." My time here with my friend has been both uplifting and encouraging, a time of renewal and thoughtful moments. While I am looking forward to getting home to my church family and friends, I am sad to be leaving Fayetteville. It has been a gift that I was able to claim.
Sadly I was going to spend this morning writing about the restaurants we visited while in Myrtle Beach and the fun shopping excursion we went on. Now I have to spend the morning trying to review doctors and send a message to Amy asking for her advice. What a crock.
But God is good and thankfully we do have insurance which is more than most people have these days. I pray that our country will overcome this evil that currently surrounds it. We are headed down a path to destruction that has long been prophesied about. 2 Timothy 3 more than covers the things that lie ahead of us. "For people will love only themselves and their money" Boy is that coming true.
How blessed I have been to follow 2 Timothy 2:22b "Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts." My time here with my friend has been both uplifting and encouraging, a time of renewal and thoughtful moments. While I am looking forward to getting home to my church family and friends, I am sad to be leaving Fayetteville. It has been a gift that I was able to claim.
















No comments:
Post a Comment