It has been kind of crazy here this week. I kind of got behind in my posting but that is about normal. It was really tough to get caught up after this last trip. I have tons more pictures to post and some great restaurants but I will have to get to those in coming days. On Wednesday we went to First Wednesday service at Church Project in our new building on 295 Sawdust Rd in The Woodlands, TX. It is the old Kroger store. During our move we also merged with Woodlands Point Community Church. They were meeting at The Woodlands High School. It is an unprecedented merger but one that has been guided by God Himself. We at Church Project are so glad to have them become a part of our wonderful family. God is moving in our community in miraculous ways.The first Wednesday of every month we meet for a great meal from Rudy's BBQ and then an hour (or more...depending on how enthusiastic Pastor Shepperd is or how many people we have to pray for) of singing, praying, and sitting quietly before our Lord. It is my most favorite time of the month. It reminds me of my childhood and dinner on the grounds. (Does anyone do that anymore?) I especially love the times of silence and meditation. I also love the end of the service when the we, as a congregation, pray over specific individuals or needs. Powerful is the only word I could use.
This First Wednesday was so fun. Kind of like a big family reunion where everyone brings friends and everyone is rushing around introducing each other, hugging, and sharing life stories. It was loud and hectic and chaotic and WONDERFUL!!!! I can't wait to see where God is going to take us. Look out Woodlands!!! We are out to share the love of Christ with you and nothing can stand in our way!

















No comments:
Post a Comment