Monday, November 11, 2013

Today is Veterans Day. A day to honor all men and women who have served or are serving in the military. It is a bittersweet day for me. While I am able to thank my husband, my daughter, my sons, my son-in-loves, my brother, and my uncle....I am unable to thank the friends who gave their lives during their service to our country. It grieves my heart. Because this war has been going on so long we are starting to see second generations fighting in Afghanistan. That to me is just ridiculous. In the beginning I understood the need but now I think it has become worse than Vietnam ever was. The american people don't even realize that we are still at war. I have actually had people express total shock when I told them my son was serving in Afghanistan. Just a real shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment