Psalm 52:8 ".....I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever." KJV
We have faith that He would never ask anything of us that would hurt us. Deep inside we know that He is there but sometimes we get to the edge of the dock and skid to a halt, afraid that He won't follow through on His promise. We look out into the water, seeing everyone else having a great time yet come up with all kinds of excuses. I can't swim. My hair can't get wet. I have my contacts in. The water is dirty. I was reminded today that He doesn't ask us why we can't do it. He just asks us to do it. We must make that leap. Trust that He will follow through. Know that He will never let us drown. Know that He has given us earthly lifeguards who are ever ready to pull us to safety if we falter. Father please help us to trust You as we take those leaps of faith. Give us uncommon courage to do what you would have us do. (But if you could reward me with chocolate instead of a soggy tennis ball, I would greatly appreciate it.)
















No comments:
Post a Comment