Wednesday, October 5, 2011

In The Waiting

Psalm 37:7 "Be still in the presence of the Lordand wait patiently for him to act."  NLT

As I sat outside again this morning in the brisk fall air (finally!), I was overcome with emotion as I found this song in my inbox from someone who knows nothing about my circumstance and doesn't read my blog.  Is my Abba awesome or what!!!!  What a perfect song He sent me today.

I had to laugh this morning as it dawned on me that even my doctor is in on this whole "keep Michelle at home and confused" theory.  After I went to see her on Monday, I found myself even more at odds with my future.  After diagnosing me with an infection in the lining of my lungs (where did I find that one???), prescribing me an antibiotic that will keep me close to home due to lovely side effects, and lecturing me about my post menopausal weight gain, she sent me home with a laundry list of directives.

Let's see......I am to get more exercise. ( Right after I stay in bed for 72 hours and do nothing strenuous for 10 days.)  I am to change my diet (coffee and goldfish are not breakfast), consume less calories (all 1500 calories in one meal does not a diet make) , and (go figure) give up my Starbucks.  I am supposed to try to remove the stress in my life (apparently stress can cause my butt to get bigger and my middle to get thicker....who knew!).  I laughed out loud at that one.  Honestly.  Does the woman know how many kids I have?  And that I foster border collies? The final line of her "prescription" was in bold letters and circled.  REST!

So, here I sit.  In the waiting period of my life.  I have thrown up my hands in surrender.  Which is exactly what He wanted in the first place.  I can say that without a doubt, it would have been so much easier if I had just listened to Him right from the beginning. It was sneaky and downright low to bring my doctor in as an accomplice.  Who can argue with God and their doctor.  Psalm 51:10-12  "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." NIV  All I ask Lord is that when I get over this sickness, lose this weight, get rid of the stress (too late for a monastery), and REST, can I please have a venti triple egg nog latte with whipped cream?  Just for old times sake?

1 comment:

  1. Waiting is never easy. But, you are not alone. God works miracles when we are still and looking to Him!

    ReplyDelete