Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sharing Pastor Steven Furtick Today

Psalm 55:12-13"For if an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it; if a foe were rising against me, I could hide. But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend,...." NIV

As with most things in my life, nothing is going according to plan in my writing. I had intended to have a great week of stories. But sick children and grandchildren as well as a weary heart have kept me on my knees either praying or cleaning. Someone emailed me this piece of Steven Furtick's sermon and it resonated with me as I am currently trying to help a child let go of a friend. I want so desperately to keep my child from hurting but I know that hurt is sometimes necessary for growth. But that doesn't make it any easier.

 Pastor Furtick is young and brash. I love that he is very real with his church. His sermon is one that is relevant to this technological time of instant friendships, unfriending followers, and misunderstood conversations between texting friends. Sometimes you just have to let go. Let go of the hurt, let go of the pain, let go of the guilt, let go of the unforgiveness. But can we actually let go of the situation that God wants to remove from our lives? I struggle with it constantly as, I suspect, you do as well. It is so human to feel that we know best about who or what God should place in our lives. Letting go and letting God is a frequent comment from my pastor, Kerry Shook.

Are You Hanging On To What God Let Go?

Dearest Father God, remind us again that You are in charge. That we are not called to be friends with everyone. Only to love everyone. Please comfort us as we make choices that bring great hurt to our hearts. Let us lay that hurt at Your feet as we keep our hearts open to what You would choose for us. It is so hard to remember that it is only Your love that will make us complete. Please let the Holy Spirit remind me daily that I only need You.  In that name of Christ Jesus, Amen

copyright2012, Michelle Welch, Breath of Life Women's Ministry
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
scriptures from NIV Bible

You can also click here to listen to Pastor Furtick's sermon if that link doesn't work. http://shar.es/qrY7Z



No comments:

Post a Comment