Friday, June 15, 2012

the Horizon Guest Posting from Dana Pittman

This year our Breath Of Life ministry team is attending She Speaks 2012 in Charlotte, NC. As we have made our preparations to go, there have been some bumps in the road, not the least of which is that I have to go on to Jacksonville, NC to welcome home my marine. So our road trip plans had to be altered slightly. With that alteration came the opportunity for God to place a lady in my path who needs a ride out to She Speaks. (She has bravely opted to ride with me in the big truck as we tow the fifth wheel out to NC.) I am so excited to have met her. Her writing is so passionate and spirit filled. I love seeing her name in my mailbox as I know that once again I will be filled with something God needs me to hear. Please welcome my newest friend and today's guest poster, Dana Pittman. All of her contact information is at the end of her blog so please take the opportunity to go over and subscribe. I am headed to New Hampshire to visit far away children so my posting may be a little delayed. Hugs to you all and have a wonderful weekend.

The Horizon By Dana Pittman



"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1
Why, oh, why does the boat have to rock? This boat is not a real boat. No, this boat is a fictitious boat symbolizing my life.


I'm not even a sailor, however, I know storm clouds when I see them. I understand high waves can be deadly. And I know there is nothing like the peace following a storm.
There are times I'm sitting in my boat called life and it's a beautiful day. The sun is bright and high. I enjoy the cool breeze off the water. I feel the mist from the waves as they collide with the shore. The beauty astonishes me.
I often stop merely to praise God. I even get a little ahead of myself diving into the water, trusting Him, I'm engulfed. I swim in a sea of weightless wonder.
In total surrender I keep my eyes focused on the Son. When the sky is clear and the clouds are fluffy it's easy. However, weather changes threaten to push the boat further out to sea. It causes the boat to float off into the unknown.
Have you ever felt your destiny lies somewhere in that unknown space?
It's a space of beauty because it's where the sky meets the sea in the horizon.
I climb back in the boat, still trusting, damp with the possibilities that lie ahead. I lay back close my eyes and surrender yet again. As my boat floats .....
 
Question: Is there a place in your life where the unknown keeps you from surrendering fully to God?
 
About Dana Pittman
Dana Pittman is married with children residing in the Houston, TX area. She is a writer, speaker and Bible teacher slowly penning her next novel. You can read her blog and follow her on Twitter and Facebook. To learn more visit www.danapittman.com.
 



6 comments:

  1. Michelle, you are going to have me misty eyed and its too early. :) Thank you dear sister for your kind words and the opportunity to post on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great encouragement to have someone drive with you from Charlotte to Jacksonville? It is a pretty far drive (4-5 hours) but definitely worth it to get your Marine.

    Thanks to Dana too for the excellent guest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I'm just so excited for the journey ahead.

      Delete
  3. Dana, my biggest unknowns are finances and health--and safety. I'm slowly learning to surrender these areas to God, but it's not easy. Baby steps, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right. I had a minister share something with me...she said, "where you struggle the most is where God most wants to use you". That statement changed my life. It freed me to see those places as fertile ground for God to use. I offer this word of encouragement to you too. The catch in all is give it to Him. He knows. He wants to relieve you of it. It's far to heavy for you to do alone. Give it. And watch God do what only He can do. :o) Love you sis!

      Delete
  4. Hello There,
    I just wanted to see if you were currently interested in additional guest bloggers for your blog site.
    I see that you've accepted some guest posters in the past - are there any specific guidelines you need me to follow while making submissions?
    If you're open to submissions, whom would I need to send them to?
    I'm eager to send some contributions to your blog and think that I can cover some interesting topics.
    Thanks for your time,
    Tess

    ReplyDelete