Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Little Bit Of Time

Ecclesiastes 3:1 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under Heaven."

I am finally on my way back home. It has been a wild and crazy three weeks. Starting with the road trip to She Speaks accompanied by my Texas girlfriends and ending with the celebration of youngest son's homecoming from Afghanistan, all I could do was stand back and watch my Father in Heaven pour out His blessings upon my family. There were so many moments to etch into the fabric of my life. It will be a trip not soon forgotten.

I have not had much in the way of technology while I was gone. This has opened up the realization that I do not need to be so busy catching up on everyones lives via the internet. Life goes on whether I read or about it or not. (shockingly true!) I slowed down. I read more. I walked more. I talked more. I laughed more. I learned that I don't need much in the way of material possessions to be happy.

I can't wait to get home and begin sharing some of the things I discovered while I was away. From the excitement of watching baby sea turtles hatch to the realization that it is VERY IMPORTANT to follow a checklist when hooking up the "beast" and departing the campsite. Each day was filled with events that went into my "I have to share this with my friends" file. I think I took several thousand pictures to share with you as well. Ok, well I guess I won't be able to share all of them but more than a few will make their way to my page.

Let me leave you today with pictures of my youngest son as he returned to Camp Lejeune from Afghanistan. It was such an emotional time and I am forever grateful to everyone who made his stay over there so much easier. The boxes, letters, cards, and most importantly, the prayers that were sent his way meant more than you will ever know. I am, without a doubt, one very proud mama today.

Dearest Father God, You are so gracious to us each and every day as You cover us with mercy and love. Thank You for the memories you allow us to gather, even the painful ones, as they help us to grow closer to You. Let us always be mindful that our day begins and ends sitting at Your feet, listening and talking with You. Let us not let the pain of the yesterday get in the way of the blessings of today. Cover those who need You this day Father. We know there are many who are hurting and in need. Let us always be mindful of those people, especially if we are called to stand in the gap for them. In the name of Christ Jesus, Amen

copyright2012, Michelle Welch, Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
scripture from NIV1984 Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment