"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown." Isaiah 43:2
Are there not some days when you feel like you will drown in the worries of your life? It feels like you are standing on a rock in the middle of a stream with no way to get to the shore. The rain is pouring down. The water is rising. And to top it off, you are so tired that the thought of even dog paddling makes you exhausted.
Then in a moment another scripture came to mind. Matthew 7:25 "The rain fell, the rivers rose, and the winds blew and pounded that house. Yet it didn’t collapse, because its foundation was on the rock." It occurs to me that I am standing on a rock. I am being battered by the wind and the rain but He has given me a firm foundation to stand on. No matter what storm comes against me He has promised me that He will not leave me, will not let me drown. The water may rise right up to my chin but He will not let go of me.
Dearest Father God, You are here. Holding my hand when I am weak and afraid. Please remind me that no matter how much water is rushing around my feet, You are there to keep me safe. Let me ponder Your great works around me, marveling at the storms and dry spells. Remind me often that even though in this life I will have trouble, You have promised me that I never walk alone, stand alone, sleep alone. I love You so much my Abba. Forgive me for my sinful self. Help me to stand firm on the foundation of Your Word. In Christ Jesus I pray, Amen
copyright2013 Michelle Welch, team member of Breath of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
scripture from HCSB and NLT Bible version
http://www.facebook.com/BreathOfLifeWomensMinistries

















No comments:
Post a Comment