"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars,which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?" Psalm 8:3-4
Today it struck me that we are not always looking up at the same view. To some there is a vibrant stunning sunset, others a glorious peaceful sunrise. There are dark and stormy rain clouds for some that mean more flooding while others pray for those same moisture laden clouds to bring them much needed rain. Some of us stand in the cool night looking at a full moon at the very same moment others are shielding their eyes from a scorching sun.
I couldn't help but think today as I read this verse, that we all live on the same earth with the same moon and the same sun. We all see the same vast heavens filled with the same twinkling stars. We move through the same twenty four hour days, some with exact hours of light and dark, some with more dark than light, and still others with more light than dark. Magical snowflakes fall from the same clouds as torrential downpours.
Yet our God is the same God no matter what we see. He watches over us from the same heaven. When I am on my knees praying for my drought of thought to cease you are on your knees praying for your flood of pain to stop. When my world is covered with the darkness of depression, your world is bright with the light of new hope. When I cry out in fear, you may raise your hands in praise. When tears of joy spring forth for a birth, there are the same tears somewhere for death.
Yet Abba, our Adonai, hears me and you and her and him no matter where we are, no matter what path we walk, no matter in darkness or light. I pray that you look up at the sky, seeing sun or moon, clouds or stars, and remember that somewhere someone is praying for you. When you look up at Him, He is looking down at you. When you are thinking of Him, He is thinking of you. He never forgets you or overlooks you. He loves you. I pray for your sky to be filled with the wonder of God's creation.
copyright2013 Michelle Welch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
scripture from NIV Bible
previously posted 9/22/2011
















No comments:
Post a Comment