Saturday, July 6, 2013

Miracles And Mountains

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9


It never ceases to amaze me that my Abba will give me miracles. There are so many reasons why He shouldn't. But He doesn't care about my reasons. He doesn't even listen when I explain to Him why I am undeserving. He knows but He blesses me anyway. He forgives and blesses me anyway. He understands and blesses me anyway. The local radio station has a catch phrase that goes something like this: "Don't tell God how big your mountain is, tell your mountain how big your God is!" Some days my mountains are pretty big. Yet, in His own time and in His own perfect way, He always gives me what I need to climb over, go around, or move that mountain all together. The miracle is that He will help me with my mountain even when I was the one who was driving the bulldozer that made the mountain.

In the chaos of our family, sweetheart and I struggle to find time for ourselves. There is always someone or something that pulls us in every direction. We love each of our children and grandchildren with more depth and emotion than they will ever know. Yet, if we don't take time for ourselves, we won't be able to give them what they need from us. This miracle that God has given sweetheart and I was, I believe, a gentle (ok, not gentle if you were sweetheart!) reminder that He has plans for us. Plans that include keeping our marriage strong, keeping our goals in mind, not letting materialism and the world drag us away from His way, and spending time with Him every day. It would be so easy to fall right back into the traps that the world can lay for us. Jobs, money, kids, and the stuff that pulls at us constantly can make us forget to take time for each other.

I sat outside this weekend and listened to God. I heard His Holy Spirit clearly. I had started down the same road I have been down so many times before. The world has a siren call that is hard to ignore. Having more, getting more, being more is such an easy thing to chase after. Just another dollar, just another work day, just another activity. All of it keeps me away from what should be the most important thing in my life. I was able to clear my schedule at a moment's notice when sweetheart needed me. That should tell me something. Time for him should never be only when there is an emergency. My job, my kids, my activities should be scheduled around him, not the other way around. God first, sweetheart second, family third. That is the way God wants it to be. I created these mountains in my life and my Abba has just given me a way to make them move. His grace has covered me once again. Thank You my Adonai for yet another chance to see Your Hand in my life and in the lives of those I love.

©Michelle Welch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
some parts originally published 4/2011 
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment