Sunday, January 5, 2014

And So We Begin Again

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:3-5


“For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.” Colossians 1:9-10

For the last 4 months I have been working on a makeover for the webpage. My wonderful talented designer Carol, the guru of design, spent hours helping my ADD self make a final decision. Yes. No. Yes. No. Can we change this color, that font, that placement? She is a testament to her craft that she is willing to work with a writer who is definitely not been gifted with color or design. I would have fired me long ago. But she didn’t and now here we are.

Just over three years ago God placed within me a desire to take what I have learned in my broken life and use it to help others. It all seemed pretty simple. Start a blog. 460 posts later I thought things were going along quite nicely. But, as we all know far too well, God often has something even bigger in mind. While we are busy thinking that we have finally reached the destination, He is preparing to show us that we have only just started the journey.

And so, in obedience (which is something I have never been very good at), I am taking the next step. A step that to some might seem a little overwhelming but to me is a natural progression of what He has been preparing me for. That being said, my new webpage is not that different from many that are out there. I am not reinventing the wheel. I am just going to step out in faith with confidence that He is going to use me for His purpose.

So what will the changes look like? Well you know me. It won’t be dull and boring…that much is certain!!! Seriously though…I have long desired to help bridge the generational gaps that are starting to appear in our society. That is not the way God designed things to be. In Titus we are given specific instructions to instruct and teach each other, especially for those of us who are older to teach the younger. So in the days and weeks to come my dream for this page to become a place where you can go to learn and grow…as a woman, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend.

We will do some Bible study, some traveling, some cooking, some crying, some laughing, and most of all we will become a part of something bigger, the sisterhood of Christ. We will teach, we will ask questions, we will learn from each other. I want this to be the back fence, the clothesline, the quilting bee. (Yes I know…I can see the eye rolling now…it sounds quaint. But trust me when I say that you will find a feeling of acceptance that you never knew existed)

Are you ready? Will you travel a while with me to meet other women who are just like you? Join me in the kitchen where we learn how to bring our family back to the table? Sit with me at the table while we learn how to cry, how to console, how to listen? Walk with me down broken roads, weed the garden with me, feel the warmth of His love as you reach out to other women who need you? Yes you. Because they do. Need you.

God put us all here for a purpose. He made no mistakes. He has plans for each of us. Don’t believe me? Then just check out Jeremiah 29:11. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” He didn't write that for someone else. He wrote it for YOU. And me and her and her and her and her. And US. So let’s get going! See you tomorrow for our first travel day together!

Dearest Father God, You are such an awesome amazing wonderful God. We are grateful for Your love and mercy, for Your grace that you pour out upon us. We know that You have called us to love each other, to teach each other, to learn from each other. Bring our hearts together Father as we work to become the daughters You desire us to be. We pray that as we come together from all around the world You will open our hearts to Your will. In the Name of Christ we pray, Amen

©Michelle Welch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
scripture from New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment