"After this, Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God." Luke 8:1
This week will be an time of explanation about the journey this blog will take us down. Travel Tuesdays will be a place to explore this beautiful world that our Father in Heaven has given us. I have been blessed to make friends from all over the planet who will be teaching us about the places they live. Some of the the travels talk will be about the places I am visiting as well. There will be tips and tours and links to sites that will help you get the most out of your destinations.
The dictionary defines travel as "to go from one place to another, as by car, train, plane, or ship; take a trip". It also means "to proceed or advance in any way". By that definition we must leave home to travel. I, however, do not accept that as the only definition. So often as I was struggling through the rough years of my childhood, I would travel all over in my mind...through the pages of a book or watching a film on the big screen.
These days I am blessed to be able to travel. But there were many, many years when the only traveling I did was to the grocery store or to church on Sunday. Oh but how I loved to hear the stories of others who were able to get in a car and drive for hours or take a plane to a vacation destination.
Those stories, pictures, and destinations were all filed away in my mind in a box labeled "someday". Now, each time I visit one of those places or see one of those stories come to life, I think back to the person who gave me that memory in the first place. It is a link from my past to my present. And yes there are some places I will never be able to visit and that is ok. I can visit them through the eyes of someone else and sometimes that is way better!
So we will use this day each week to share our little corner of Heaven here on earth. Where would we take a visitor if they drove down our highways? What cafe serves homemade goodness with a side of smiles? How do we find the places that the tourists often miss? We will also be showing you our churches and inviting you to visit when you're in town!
Of course we will also include those cheesy touristy destinations because who can go through life without a hot dog from a food cart on the street or a visit to the alligator farm? (hey! it's the south....it's sort of required here)
Thank you for coming along for another day! Tomorrow is Wednesday Women and it is going to definitely be my favorite day of the week before this is all said and done! Much love and warm hugs from south Texas!
Our Dearest Father God, we are so excited to see more of this beautiful world You have blessed us with. There are so many places to see, so many women who can share with us. We are so grateful that we can come together and share life. In Christ we pray for each other, Amen

©Michelle Welch, 2013, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Monday, January 6, 2014
Our Corner Of The World
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment