Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Moments

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:24

This weekend I drove to Georgia to attend the wedding of our middle son. After driving 14 hours to get home I realized that I was totally going to miss the deadline for getting this post into email boxes on time. So much for the best of intentions!!! So if you are getting this on Tuesday instead of Monday....I do apologize. If I had not stopped for French Toast with extra syrup at Cracker Barrel with youngest daughter and granddaughters along with youngest son and his sweet girlfriend.......oh well...you understand.

Watching my son dance with his new bride gave me such joy. To stand off to the side and watch the emotions play across their faces as they began to realize that it was all real was a powerful reminder that this is why God created man and woman. That they would leave their homes and families and begin a life of their own. That through the sacred act of marriage they would join together to create their own family.

I thought back over the hours and hours spent praying for the girl that would someday be my son's wife. Praying that she would be Godly and that her heart would be good and kind. To see her in that moment, held fast in my son's arms, was the culmination of those prayers.

Dearest Adonai, my Father God, I am on my face in humble adoration for all that You have blessed these two young people with. I pray that Your mercy and grace will pour out upon them. I pray that You will be all that they seek. I thank You for their desire to serve You. I thank You for every moment of the weekend that made their dream come true. I praise You for safe travels and every moment you gave us all together. In Christ I pray these things, Amen


I have much to share with you all this week. I pray your weekend went well and that joy in all that God has blessed you with filled your heart. Until tomorrow,



©2014MichelleWelch
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment