"There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God, for apart from him who can eat or who can have enjoyment?" Ecclesiastes 2:24-25
"And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good." Genesis 1:31
This weekend, as you know, I was all over the southern states. I left Texas last Wednesday, driving through Morgan City, LA to visit sweetheart, Birmingham, AL to see youngest children/grandchildren, Atlanta, GA for the wedding, and ending up in Chattanooga, TN for the reception. It was a whirlwind 6 day trip. I decided for Travel Tuesday that we would tarry awhile in Chattanooga as I consider it one of the south's most beautiful cities.
Chattanooga is situated at the borders of Tennessee and Georgia. Straddling the Tennessee River, it offers so much history that I could write for days about the places to see. Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park and Civil War sites are rich with educational opportunities as well as extensive Indian and railroad historical museums. There is even the International Towing and Recovery Museum which, while I haven't been there yet, is certainly out of the ordinary!
No matter what time you arrive in Chattanooga, if you are hungry you have to check out the City Diner Cafe. If you can't find what you like on their menu then you won't be satisfied anywhere!!! The portions are huge and the desserts are to die for. Let's just say that the Baklava Cheesecake is hands down the most decadent thing I have ever eaten! The staff is friendly and the prices are extremely affordable.
Well....how did you like your tour? Are you from the Chattanooga area? We would love to get a more personal tour if you are from there. Just message us with your favorite "hot spots" and we will provide an update in the future. I barely tapped into the things available to see in this wonderful town. Because it was a whirlwind wedding weekend I didn't get to visit any local restaurants but I look forward to a return visit at a slower pace.
I think that it is important to explore this wonderful country that our Father in Heaven has blessed us with. He created every single piece of it and desires us to enjoy it. In each town, in each city, in each state in our country are beautiful women with stories to share of where they live and the things they enjoy. I can't wait to continue this journey with you. Much love and prayers for a wonderful week.
©MichelleWelch2014, Team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.
















No comments:
Post a Comment