"An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge." Proverbs 18:15
As my grandfather used to define a few people around our small town, some of us are book smart but lack much in the way of everyday life skills. (ok so I reworded it a bit to make it acceptable to present company) In our right now, this instant, quick start society I find women are struggling to understand where to find what our foremothers (yes I know...it's not a word) were often taught from a young age.
Now I meet weekly with a group of other women where we leave no subject untouched as we integrate real life with studies of real women from the Bible. Online I have an accountability group that knows my weight, my measurements, and my deepest food weaknesses. Through this blog you have seen me at my slobbering worst and my happy dance best. I have found all of these things by joining communities of women.
On Wednesday’s we will hear from women of all ages. Women who are younger who want to know the best choices to make, women who have made mistakes who want to help others not travel down those rocky roads, women who have lived life to the fullest and now just want to share everything they learned with those who come behind. Women like me who didn’t meet God until they were 50 and women who have been walking in His light for their entire lives. Married, single, young, old, with kids, without kids, adoptive moms, and moms with children with special needs….all will be welcome to share, ask questions, and soak in the information available from Godly women who have gone before.
Dearest Adonai, our Father God, we are so grateful that You have made us women. So thankful that You have given us each other. So amazed that You have shown us through Your word how important it is to teach each other and learn from each other. You have created us, taught us, shaped us. You have known us since before we were formed in our mother’s wombs. You have great plans for us and we are so excited to be together in this journey. In Christ we pray these things, Amen
©2013 Michelle Welch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®) copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. ESV® Text Edition: 2011. The ESV® text has been reproduced in cooperation with and by permission of Good News Publishers. Unauthorized reproduction of this publication is prohibited. All rights reserved.
















During this pregnancy, I chose to do a program where you have your monthly doctor visits with a group of other moms who are due around the same time as you. So far it has been great sharing information and tips. Most of them are new moms and even though it's my second I still have questions. I have learned every pregnancy is different so it is wonderful to go through it in a community of women. Especially since I am not near my family.
ReplyDelete