“you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself?” Romans 2:21
What I am about to share will have many of you nodding in agreement. Some will pretend it has never happened to them but we all know the sad truth which is that we have all “been there, done that” as the saying goes.
I thought you were asking if I was going to sit at a table and soak up the words of the women around me all while enjoying chocolate cupcakes and singing praise music.
I thought I heard you say that you needed help sharing the details of the event such as amazing speakers (Kristin Welch, Kat Lee, Jessica Kirkland…not to name drop or anything)I thought you wanted me to send out tweets or pins or status updates or Instagrams.
Oh my goodness. Imagine my surprise when I opened that email to see my face on a page of….gasp….Contributors! I swear I could actually picture that little minion in the cartoon……..WWWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT? I agreed to be a contributor? What on earth was I thinking?
Well of course I wasn't thinking. I was probably on another line talking to my daughter’s doctor about her radiation treatment. Or hip deep in moving boxes as we changed houses. Or going over the plans to choose adoptive parents for our grandson. Or emailing yet another family member about our parent’s health issues. Or making plans to attend our son’s wedding.Then I saw the theme of our conference. Wild Obedience. And I laughed out loud. Really Lord? Really? Because if You want me to do what I have volunteered to do, it will be definitely have to be some all out wild obedience with a healthy dose of faith and grace thrown in. Faith that I will be able to do all that You have called me to do and grace for those moments when I am on my knees in desperation for the deadline.
Faced with a calendar full of appointments, travel dates as well as a foot in a soft cast, I click submit on the computer with my first blog post. (Submit. Thanks for pointing out the irony Lord.) So here I am. Reminding myself that the goal of blogging is to share with others the lessons learned, the obstacles overcome, the road less traveled. And, as always, I am the one who is learning from what I am trying to share. Wild obedience. It’s what you have to do when you hit reply yes without really paying attention to the question.
Want to be wildly obedient to God’s calling in your life? Have you felt those urges to share your story? Has anyone ever told you that you should write a book because no one would ever believe what you have been through? Well dear friend….here is your chance. Come to Dallas August 7-10 for The Declare Conference where you will join with other supportive, loving, super crazy, God following, chocolate loving, coffee drinking sisters who want to help you start your blogging journey!And, if you are lucky, you can sit at my table where I will take a picture of you eating cheesecake and post it to the world on Instagram!
See you there!

















No comments:
Post a Comment