I am blessed to be able to take some time away from home to help out our daughter with her new baby. As with most things, baby Harper did not consider her mother's schedule when she made her arrival. Due to scheduling issues with her college our daughter was 1 class shy of graduating with her Bachelors in Art Education. Of course the only time the school offers the class is now or next fall. So now it is.
In His infinite wisdom and with His usual sense of humor, my Abba gave me approval to take a month off and come to NC. Where I now babysit from....ahem......6 am to 3 pm. Yes. That's right. 6 am. That's 6 hours after midnight. 1 hour before daylight. 4 hours before I usually even speak coherently. And, because of promises I made to Him and to myself, I have to get up at 4:30 am so that I can get my devotions done, my journal entries made, and my prayer time in. As any mom knows, there is no sitting down to do any writing or reading once the toddler hits the floor running and the baby makes her presence known.
Thankfully I was able to drive the Beast out, along with silly dog and crazy dog. I was able to stop in Louisiana to visit sweetheart on my way out. I stayed at a wonderful KOA in west New Orleans which was close to the city without the traffic. The staff was super helpful, even recommending a top notch pizza place for dinner, the Brick Oven Cafe. Oh. My. Goodness. We ordered the Liberta, a delightful pie made with homemade marinara, mozzarella cheese, Italian sausage, pepperoni, red peppers, mushrooms, Calamata olives and roasted garlic. Finished with crushed red peppers. It was divine. We will definitely put that on our favorite places list!
The next day I drove to my son's farm north of Birmingham, AL where I was able to do a girls night with our youngest daughter and my two daughter-in-loves. We had our nails done and spent a great night laughing at ourselves at a Japanese steak house. It was a well needed break for everyone!
And so I begin this next season of my life. A time to help, a time to bond, a time to learn to like mornings. Not in that order of course. :)
Much love and blessings,

Sunday, August 24, 2014
A New Season
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment