Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Single Matters

I haven't shared with you a great new job I have! A little over a year ago I met Jill Monaco at the Declare Conference in Las Colinas, TX (just outside Dallas). I began following her journey as she gave up her worldly possessions and set out to travel the country sharing God with everyone she met. It has been a fantastic roller coaster year for her as she slept on couches, in hotels, and sometimes not knowing where she would sleep until hours before the sun set. You can read about her year The Kingdom Expression Experiment as well as learn about her wonderful singles magazine Single Matters on her website www.jillmonaco.com.

Anyway....back to the job! I am now the shutterbug (photographer/photo finder) for Single Matters. While following Jill's journey I saw that she was looking for someone to help find/take photos for the magazine. As ya'll know how much I love photography, it should be no surprise that I quickly volunteered for the job. It is one I can do on the road as well as at home. It also fits perfectly with Breath Of Life Women's Ministries (where I am a team member) goal of reaching women in all seasons of their lives.

When I share that I work with a singles magazine most people look at me strangely. Even my sweetheart did a double take. (Actually he asked me if there was anything he needed to know!) But God has commanded us in Proverbs to seek wise counsel.... "Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety." Proverbs 11:14 (not that I am saying I am wise because I am not.) Just like church, life is best lived in the circle of many generations of life seasons. There are many of us on staff...married, divorced, widowed, and yes, most importantly, single. We all want to help others not make the mistakes we have already made. We also want to share our successful choices so that others can follow the same path.

Stop by and see what God is working on and please share this wonderful site with someone who needs it!  I am glad to partner with Jill in her endeavor to bring more singles into the body of Christ.

Hugs and blessings,


©2014MichelleWelch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®)
Copyright © 2001 by Crossway,
a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.
All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment