"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." Psalm 91:11
Through the years, whenever I would find a penny, I would be reminded of someone close to me who had just passed on. Just after my beloved grandmother passed away, I probably found a dozen pennies in the oddest places. Thus became a habit of picking up the penny and saying “love you too grandma”. It always brought a smile to my face.
One time, I sat with a family as we waited for God’s angels to free their father from the horrible pain of brain cancer. I related the story of the pennies to them just as a way to pass the time. They smiled at me and I could almost hear them saying in their minds “poor delusional woman”. Shortly after he passed away, I heard from both women. One had found a penny on top of the newly fallen snow as she went to get into her car. The other had found a penny in the sink of her bathroom. They thanked me for sharing the penny story.
A few years ago I started noticing that whenever I was completely at the bottom of my ability to handle things, when I was crying out to God to just let me know that things were going to be ok, He would answer me in the most profound way. With a feather.
Yep. A feather.
Now some would say it’s just coincidence and I probably would have agreed before I truly knew who God was. But the God I have come to know desires more than anything that I know He loves me and wants only the best for me. He has not promised that my life would be easy but He has promised that He would be with me every step of the way. He sent His Holy Spirit to guide me along life's rough and rocky paths. (Deut. 31:8, John 14:16, Isaiah 41:10)
In that place of darkness and pain, I have no doubt that God heard my pleas. That simple event, especially in light of verse 4 of the Psalm, was the answer to a heartfelt prayer.
Now I never told her that I had a thing for feathers or that I had been suffering from another bought of depression that was threatening to overwhelm me once again, putting strain on my marriage and my job. But there, in the palm of my hand, was proof that God once more had heard my prayers.
Coincidence? Maybe. But I like to think of it as a simple “hug” from a God who has promised to keep me in His loving care.
Do you have pennies or feathers or winks from God in your life? I would love to hear about them.
Thanks for being along for the journey,

©2014MichelleWelch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries and Single Matters Magazine
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
scriptures from King James Version (KJV)
















No comments:
Post a Comment