Tuesday, February 3, 2015

He Is Greater

"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4 



Sometimes you hear a song that tweaks your heart. The other day I was sitting at my writing table looking out the window at silly dog and crazy dog as they chased each other around the back yard. I was enjoying listening to KSBJ on the radio, catching up on the new praise and worship songs that have been released lately. The song Greater came on and suddenly I found myself lifting my hands in praise as tears ran down my cheeks.

Doesn't God touch us that way? Suddenly? When we least expect it?

I think that's because things mean more when we are shaken out of our complacency.

Once again I had started to become content with my life, a little too secure in the thought that I am doing all that I should be doing. I read my Bible every morning, make a quick run through the current devotional, jot down some prayer requests and then head out for my day without a look back, certain that I have it all figured out.

I think God laughs hardest when we get into these ruts don't you?

When I am in these ruts and a crisis occurs, I tend to fall the hardest. Suddenly I believe everything the world says about me. I become tired. Discouraged. The brightness starts to dim.

But then He, in His infinite wisdom, shows me how much He loves me. How big He is. How marvelous is His grace.

"Bring your doubts
Bring your fears
Bring your hurt
Bring your tears
There’ll be no condemnation here
You are holy, righteous and redeemed" 
from the song Greater

He will never leave me. He will always love me. He gave His life for me.

He is greater than the world and that is all I ever need to know.

Thanks for joining me on the journey,



©2014MichelleWelch, team member of Breath Of Life Women's Ministries and Single Matters Magazine
Photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved
song by Mercy Me/available at Greater - Welcome to the New
Scriptures from New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment