Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sweet Moments Of Joy

"Be full of joy before the Lord your God..." Deuteronomy 12:12

God decided that if I would not take a mental break, He would make sure to take control out of my hands by placing me where there is no technology. Thanks to a phone plan that promises to cover the entire United States but can't seem to reach a few miles from the mainland, I have no phone signal either. (Their answer to the problem was to travel 5 miles in any direction and see if the signal got stronger. say what????) Thank goodness for free wifi in coffee shops.

The beach here is magnificent. The waters around the campground are teeming with wildlife, birds, and very cool fish. Next to youngest son has been hanging out with me all week and we have made the most of every  moment. Laughing, fishing, playing Sequence, watching youtube videos of cats, babies, and piano playing have filled our days. We have visited the aquarium, played on the beach with the dogs, and shared time. I am blessed by time with him which has always been hard to come by.

My Awesome Adonai, knowing my love for dolphins, sent a pod of them to play right off the pier we were fishing from. Their antics and smiles left me breathless as I realized the depth of how much He cared for me. Every moment spent listening to Him this week has been another moment to learn what He has in store for me. Keeping me technology free has given rise to moments of conversation with Him that would never have happened in my loud, chaotic life back home.

I can't wait to get home and share all that I have been writing, all the pictures I have taken, all the stories I have gathered. Please know that I have prayed many prayers on your behalf as I have walked along the beaches talking with Him. I have come to realize that I have been getting in my own way when it comes to moving forward in His work! How crazy is that? But in these moments of joy that have spilled over all around me, I am coming to see that His patience with me is endless.

Dearest Father God, Thank You so much for this wonderful place. Thank You for the words of affirmation. Thank You for my family, especially my sweetheart, who have supported me in my journey. We know Father that You have plans for all of us. We know that You are directing our paths. We know that You hold our tears in the palm of Your Hands. We also know that You laugh along with us when we are covered in the moments of joy that You have laid out for us. Help us all to find a moment of joy in the midst of our busy day. In the name of Christ Jesus, Amen

copyright2012, Michelle Welch, Breath Of Life Women's Ministry
scripture from NLV
photography by Michelle Welch, all rights reserved (no fish were harmed in the taking of these photos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment